Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Sunday 27 May 2018

Did I give up?

If you read any of my older posts and it links to a post that was written on my all-about-life-tips blog, then you will notice that it does not exist anymore.

Does this mean I gave up?


No, not by a long shot.

I simply went by the idea of if it's not working, change it. (Napoleon Hill).

All-about-life-tips was already almost 7 years old and not making enough income to sustain the Domain hosting I was paying quarterly. It was with D9, which is a bit more expensive than the other hosting, but well worth the money too.
In the 7 years there was never any downtime on the site and every time I messed up, they fixed it within minutes. An hour at the most.

But those of you who follow me regularly will know and for those who don't know, my hubby died in August of 2016. I inherited over a million rands in debt and over time had to cut back on a lot of stuff.

Which meant that some time or the other I would have to start cutting back on things that weren't successful either.

After reading Will it Fly by Pat Flynn, I realized once again after so many times before that my niche was too broad for All-about-life-tips. The people who were interested in homeschooling didn't care for diets and those who cared for diets didn't care about homeschooling and so the list goes on with all the topics I covered in All-about-life-tips.

My Baby gift idea blog grew double the size in half the time and was worth more. Although I did put most of my work into All-about-life-tips.


Am I sad about it?


Yes, I am. I put a lot of work into that site and a lot of hours too. I also used it to learn more about WordPress and try out new plugins or ideas.
It was like my guinea pig. I still miss it and when I see a picture of an article that was there, my heart feels empty when I think about the hours of writing that went into it.

What I'm sad I did not do


Looking back, I'm sad that I didn't copy and paste my homeschool or kids articles over to this Blogger site, just to have it somewhere.
I mean I did work hard on them.
But holding on to things that can't be changed, will only bring me down, so I'm not going to ponder over that anymore.

Does this mean you can't make money online?


The fact that all-about-life-tips cost more than it made, does not mean that you don't make money online. You can, I do it every month by doing Transcriptions.
I've also started my own video add creation company and we'll also be doing Facebook advertising. But I don't want to give away too much yet because everything is still in progress.

Hope I'm going to receive more customers to create video ads, intros, outros, etc. for than people who bought my stuff on all-about-life-tips.

Here is just an example:


If you want to order, you can email me at linda@successonlinesite.com


Want to receive cash backs?


You buy online in any case. Did you know that you can receive a certain amount back?
Read more about it in my Honest Ebates Review.

See you around and don't forget to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment